Pioneer Valley Arms can assist you with the process of transferring ownership of a gun. We can transfer a Massachusetts compliant gun from one owner to another at our store. We can ship your guns from our store to another FFL anywhere in the contiguous 48 United States (all state & Federal laws apply).
We also will receive Massachusetts compliant guns for you to pick up after completing the necessary background checks.
To begin the process:
- Read our Transfer Guidelines to confirm the gun you want is compliant.
- Download our Transfer Form and follow the instructions.
- E-mail your completed form to email@example.com (Attn: TRANSFER for the subject, please!) or fax to 413-224-1624.
- Our standard transfer fee is $20 per gun.
- If the gun needs to be shipped, an additional fee of $30 per handgun and $40 per long gun will apply (insurance available at an additional cost). Additional fees may apply for oversize parcels, or for shipping to destinations that require additional paperwork.
- If the person receiving the firearm or large capacity weapon does not have an approved safety or locking device with them, one must be purchased from Pioneer Valley Arms at an additional cost.
- If a gun is not compliant and cannot be transferred, all fees will apply to return it.